Thursday, February 5, 2009

Exit Slip 2.5.09

This evening's aha for me was an overwhelming feeling as I am exposed to more and diverse technology - programs, tools, etc. There seems to be so much that I need to learn and each day that amount grows, that I feel I never know where to begin - almost as if I am watching the tech revolution pass me by as I attempt to discover where I should jump on/in. It is frustrating to think that I might spend time trying to learn something new in technology only for that technology to become obsolete (or upgraded with the newest version) during the time of my learning! Will I ever be able to get caught up? One thing at a time, I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your honesty. It can be frustrating. I remember somewhere along the line vowing to rid myself of it all because I lost a key document, or couldn't figure out how to do something. It's stayed with me because it adheres to my independent streak (similar to Paul Navarre's description of his), and moves me along; plus I've tried to see its potential in our business--and that is still very untapped (which may contribute a lot to your frustration!) Hang in there. Take a on a project that can help overcome this--even if it's a personal technology project. It my get you over the hump.

    ReplyDelete